Ford Chicago Manufacturing Campus
Location Chicago, IL
Square Footage 1.6 million sq. ft.
- 155 acre campus consists of four buildings totaling 1.6 million sq. ft.
- Houses nine manufacturing tenants
- Relocation of tributary of nearby Lake Calumet Shipping Channel
- Awarded the “National Phoenix Award” by the EPA for “innovative brownfield development”
- Poor soil required dynamic compaction
- Foundation systems consisting of hundreds of steel piles were driven into the hardpan clays approximately 70 ft. below finished grade