Ford Chicago Manufacturing CampusBack to Industrial and Manufacturing
Location: Chicago, IL
Owner: CenterPoint Properties
Architect: Cornerstone Architects
Square Footage: 1.6 million sq. ft.
- 155-acre campus consists of four buildings totaling 1.6 million sq. ft.
- Houses nine manufacturing tenants including: Plastech Engineered Products, TDS Automotive U.S., Ford Motor Company, Visteon Corporation, Summit Polymers, S-Y Systems Technologies, Lear Operations Corporation, Brose, ZF Lemforder and Tower Automotive
- Relocation of a tributary from nearby Lake Calumet Shipping Channel
- Awarded the “National Phoenix Award” by the EPA for “innovative brownfield development”
- Poor soil conditions required dynamic compaction
- Foundation systems consisting of hundreds of steel piles were driven into the hardpan clays approximately 70 ft. below finished grade